Wednesday 9 July 2014

The Great Outdoors.

At the start of my final year at uni, I made the decision to start exercising. And by exercising, I mean, real exercising, not "well, I've spent all day walking around [insert shopping centre here]!" 

Back in October, I went to my first exercise class, and throughout that first semester, I worked out twice a week.

In January, I joined a new gym, and went four times a week.


During exam season, I went to the gym everyday, Monday to Friday. 

I've watched the distance I can run climb, albeit slowly. I have more energy, my blood sugars are, on the whole, more stable, and I actually look forward to exercising. 

I'm currently back at my Mum and Dad's, and gym membership here is SO unaffordable compared to Norwich, so I've taken to running outside.

I LOVE IT!

Running outside always filled me with dread. Unless it was Park Run, I'd stick to running at the gym.

However, having spent months and months watching my level of fitness increase, I'm not prepared to spend my time here not doing anything exercise-wise.

So running outside it was, and it's made such a nice change to my exercise regime.

Over the last couple of months, I'd found that I'd got bored of going to the gym. I tried changing the music I listened to, I downloaded a few episodes of NCIS to watch, I went with friends, yet I was still bored of the same routine.

Running outside seems to be the change I needed. It's new, it's different and it's somewhat out of my comfort zone.

I think it's the change I definitely needed to get excited about exercise once more!

1 comment:

  1. the5thdiabetic9 July 2014 at 15:23

    I only ever run outdoors. You can change your route as often as you like and, depending on time of day, you can be the only person around! I always run early in a morning (6am is idyllic to me) and it is wonderful to see the sun rise whilst listening to my music and pounding the pavement/fields. Nobody to disturb me - it is bliss!

    ReplyDelete