Tuesday 31 March 2015

Just Another Day.

Sunday, March 29th, marked five years of living with type one diabetes for me. .

In the past, it's something I've always marked. A night out, dinner with my favourites, a park run.

This year, however, it was just another day, one I spent running around one of my favourite cities, catching up with some of my favourite people.


It wasn't until I received a text message from E.Hales that I even remembered. (She remembered, and thought to send me a text! Definitely a keeper!) And I'm grateful for that. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for marking the day if you want to. But this year, I liked that diabetes wasn't centre-stage. Instead, it peppered the background of my day like it usually does. 

Just another day this year.






No comments:

Post a Comment